Sunday, February 3, 2019

Becoming a Goldsmith.




Hello Sunday Readers, 

Being a Goldsmith is something really new for me, after years at school and many more at work in Colombia, as an economist, I came to Montreal and I had the opportunity to learn and enjoy something completely different, I went back to school and I became a goldsmith, it sound incredible even to me, I'm a goldsmith in process, I learn every day and I know I won’t finish learning. 

I work now with few people, incredible talented and unique, I feel this time work is completely different than the one before, I was one among eight hundred coworkers before, good and great people too, many of them still my friends up today, but I was one more in a big chain, now I do my own work and I have the chance of starting from scratches and see the final product, to enjoy what I have done in a very different way than before, the create what I design, I’m my own person!
Being an independent goldsmith running my own business from a collaborative space is so rewarding.

To change an office for a bench was more than unthinkable. To work by myself with myself is amazing. To work with talented people is a challenge. To be happy when a client is happy, it’s a joy. 
I have learned so much in this few years that my baggage is much more lightweight. 

There are rules, in every job there are, but they become a very important part of my accomplishment, the team at Jewel Envy, as I always call my coworkers, teach me every day how important is to be part of an incredible an unique group of people, the artists than today are a very important part of my life. Seeing and admiring their incredible work, it’s one more thing of the great things that been goldsmith gives to me every day. 

I have been a happy camper all my life, I loved what I did for so many years before, I love and cherish what I do now, I’m a proud mother and grandmother, I’m a lucky one! 

A pic of my last work, 9 K Aquamarine in White Gold with Diamonds. 


HPLafaurie, Jewellery Design
                                                             




Have a nice Sunday! 



Helena

No comments:

Post a Comment