Sunday, March 31, 2019

Time back at school!





Hello Sunday Readers,

I have now some work for a client that love tiny and beautiful pieces! This pair of white gold and diamonds earrings are in my bench, I still have a lot of work to do before they will be chaining and beautiful.


 



Among the daily things I spend my time at work, I have now some pieces that appertain a my “new time back at school”! Yes, time to learn and enjoying having the opportunity of discovery and cheer time with other goldsmiths and people that love doing jewelry as I do!

Never is too late to give yourself the time to learn, I miss school so much! Having someone to tell you how to improve and get better even if you have some knowledge, it's a gift.

At the studio at Jewel Envy we give many different types of classes, from beginning techniques to advanced ones, my class is called Gem setting, it's a eight weeks class, and my class mates and I, we are working in the setting of stones in 3 rings, and 3 pendants, with synthetic sapphires, rubies, garnets calibrated for the settings. We will get the burs for the settings, and broken burs to make 2 specialized tools that will make gem setting much easier.





My first class was last Tuesday, I have already resized two of the three rings and give them the first cleaning, in the one we are working now is this pendant with a bezel setting, my teacher Mauricio, one of my coworkers will have next Tuesday more new tips to make look the synthetic sapphire like a real diamond! after the last polish I will have a gorgeous piece, still amassing to enjoy every one in gold or silver, with real or synthetic stones, all are beautiful and mean the world to me! 




I know, it sounds challenging but I’m having great time. You can do it too, get more knowledge or learn new things! Come to see us or look in our website, we always have something especially for you!
It’s now the best time ever,  give yourself the chance to change a little bit the hectic live we run every day!


Have a nice Sunday.


Helena



No comments:

Post a Comment