Saturday, March 2, 2019

Lapidary equipment

Holy bananas batman, we have been bringing in some exciting equipment to add to our repertoire at Jewel Envy. I couldn't hold back my excitement for our latest addition:


Lapidary equipment!!!
  
We can now play around with gem cutting. Instead of jumping back into completing work I had on my docket I decided to scrounge up some amethysts and smokey quartz crystals to play around with.

All the amethysts are sitting upright on the flat surface I created and I am holding the smokey quartz crystal to show the grinded flat surface along with a hole I drilled into the crystal.

I love the of natural crystals and cannot wait to play around with a few more in my stash to make adjustments so I can more easily set them into jewellery pieces. The reason I am so excited to have this equipment to grind and polish gems into unique shapes that will make any custom piece of jewellery that I create even more unique! - Alexis



No comments:

Post a Comment