Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Little Kilns

Our small kiln is getting a little shelf insert to collect our enamel spills
I seemed to have neglected my blogging duties... I am back in action after a relaxing Holiday spent with family.  My first concern upon returning was taking care of our enameling kilns.  We have some Enamel classes coming up soon so I want them to be in tip top shape for students and of course for myself and other enamelists in the studio.  After searching the internet and making a few calls I came across the Pottery Supply House and their technician Geoff.  Yesterday I dropped the kiln off and in a matter of minutes he had it rewired and back up and running.  After discussing the issue of cleanliness and enameling in a kiln they suggested simply buying extra shelves to collect any mess and prevent ruining the built in bricks.  A very economical choice compared to other options I had researched, and so simple!  Now I'm thinking I should give them a try this afternoon just to make sure they do the trick and to get some work done.      - Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment