Sunday, May 23, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

This month I have lots coming up.

I just finished up teaching the second 8 week session of Introductory Enameling. We also had one student at the intermediate level who got to learn how to bezel set enameled pieces and explore his own jewellery designs with colour and fabrication. The results were great, and I think we will have many more classes to come! What better time than summer to make some bright cheery jewellery. A new 8 week class with begin Monday, June 7th and 1 day workshop on Saturday, June 19th. Come fire something in our kiln!

I received my acceptance to the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition a few days ago. This will be my second summer in the show, first year as a professional artist. Last year was great, winning best jewellery gave me great exposure, and was an excellent networking opportunity for me. I hope this year will be just as successful. I just invested in a HUGE tent to  call my own which currently takes up way too much space at my apartment. It will be put to good use July 9, 10, 11th at Nathan Phillips Square, come visit! http://www.torontooutdoorart.org

But before the Outdoor Show, I have to finish and send new work off to Halifax, NS for the Adornable Show curated by my friend and talented NSCAD Alumnus Vanessa Neily. Here are some pictures of my initial ideas, will be a series of several working toy cars, planes, automobiles that can be worn as pendants as well.  (above and right, photos by J. Katz)
The show opens June 24th at Hydrostone Gallery and will run until August 1, 2010.



I am off to garden the day away! I will take advantage of this long weekend before a busy week, as I am moving to a new apartment (very exciting!). Hopefully I can squeeze in enough studio time next week with all the packing I still have to do....then once that is all settled, its back to work for real, I have lots to make for the Outdoor Show.

Have a nice sunny Sunday and Monday!

Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment