Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Hi everyone! It's my turn to blog for this week! I would like to keep you guys updated about what I have been doing recently. First of all, I want to show my student's final projects from Introduction to Fabrication class.




Amanda always finds that the bangles she has bought never fit her quite right; therefore, she decided to make herself one. The plate riveted on top of the surface will be engraved with a special message.






Alynne made herself a ring which was inspired by her vintage jewellery. Even though the fabrication of the ring was a little complex for a beginner, Alynne certainly conquered the challenge!



Now, I will share some of the process of an upcoming piece I am making for a group show that our studio is making inspired by "Red."  I finalized my ideas into three containers which are related childhood stories. I will use different media such as polymer clay, resin and objects to create the imaginary world that the stories gave us while we were children.
Tomorrow is Mother's day! Has everyone decided what to do with your lovely mother? If you don't want to do an ordinary event, our studio has mother's day workshops: cuttle fish casting or bangle design! There are still spaces, but not too many left!! Hurry up!

Have a Good Weekend!
- ChiaChien-

No comments:

Post a Comment