Saturday, December 8, 2018

making your own cookie cutters

When time for a holiday break rolls around I start thinking about what I can be making if I am not at my jeweller's bench making jewellery. A few weekends ago I set aside time to make a couple hundred pierogies to freeze for holiday get-togethers and I'll be making meat sticks soon. 

After watching The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell on Netflix in October I have got it in my head that I want to make a gingerbread house. 


Christine McConnell and her gingerdead house.

I have started my scheme to create a winter gingerbread house starting with a list of materials I need and creating a cardboard template. I don't even want to eat the gingerbread - which is surprising for someone who likes cookies as much as I do. I am looking forward to the hours I will use creating something elaborate. It has occurred to me that family and friends might be bummed if I do not want them to break off parts of my gingerbread house, so I want to throw a custom cookie shape into the mix as well. I came across a great and simple tutorial. I will have to snap some pics of my cookie cutter progress, because I think I will make them a bit differently (my La Croix cans will make beautiful cutters ;o)

https://mylovelyfrench.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/diy-homemade-cookie-cutters/

I'm thinking of making a Rose shaped cookie (Rose as in the muppet character from Christine McConnell's show, just below). If you have any other ideas, let me know! Are there any family treats or eats that you love to make?

-Alexis


Since I have cookies on the brain I wanted to include a shoutout to my favourite cookies available nearby Jewel Envy, click images to check them out:


https://www.craigscookies.com/


https://www.instagram.com/munchemunch/



No comments:

Post a Comment