Saturday, April 28, 2018

What is this magic?!

Recently while browsing Instagram looking at gems (as one does) I came across something that sent me down a mini google rabbit hole. On Tatum Gems feed I stopped scrolling to oogle at a unique gem (Inner dialogue: "What is this magic?!") I initially thought that it was maybe human-made material but after reading the comment I was excited to have come across a gem that I had never heard of before: Rainbow Lattice Sunstone.

Found in a remote area of Australia, gemmologists researching the gem have found the gems are a rare combination of phenomena including aventurescence (as seen in sunstone), adularescence (as seen in moonstone) and a distinctive lattice pattern created by its inclusions. Read more here!

What do you think about the gem? Let me know in comments!

- Alexis

   





No comments:

Post a Comment