Sunday, July 2, 2017

Canada Day



Dear Sunday Readers,





On July 1 1867, at noon, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and the Province of Canada came into a single Dominion within the British Empire called Canada.
On Canada Day, we celebrate our freedoms and rights. We honor the shared history, symbols, and values that define us Canadians. All of these things give us our identity.

Having my  citizenship as Canadian, after living for almost two thirds of my life abroad, made of Canada Day, a very special day, and it has a very special meaning. I got a second chance in life and I'm very proud of not only being Canadian but feeling Canadian too.

Canadian multiculturalism ensures we can keep our identities, can take pride in our ancestry, and have a sense of belonging.














These pictures tell volumes about what Canada is. I saw these two shops side by side in a mall on Leslie two blocks north of Sheppard on summer last year, and every single time I feel tired, lonely, overwhelmed, I see these pictures again and I say to myself, you lucky one, keep going!

In my second chance in life, I become a goldsmith, also now, I have a Canadian son (my son-in-law), and a Canadian grandchild.

Being Canadian is an honor, and a privilege; we all must celebrate Canada Day every day!. We are unique and blessed.




                                    Jewel Envy and its team wish Happy Birthday to Canada!

Have a happy Sunday.


Helena  


No comments:

Post a Comment