Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hybrid exhibition revisited through the comments by you!

This year during our group exhibition around the theme "Hybrid" we asked viewers to interact with the show by leaving comments. Viewers could provide their own interpretation of a piece, comment on a piece, or let us know their favourite work in the show. We had a wonderful response and below are some of the comments about the work!

Love the beginning of Life it reminds me of a beautiful Bloom. - Marion

Coral Reef & Chochos by Helena Perez Lafaurie: I felt connected to the planet the moment I saw H.P.L.'s pieces. The raw beauty & asymmetry was so perfectly balanced with the final form and colour, Love! - Jenny

I like the unique pieces. Awesome local business. Very nice staff and owner. - James

Fascinating, thought provoking, marvellous - Veronica

I really like the pieces, but three items really call out to me: Gillian Batcher's whimsical & imaginary animals are so cute but also so well crafted. They make me happy when I look at them. Lafaurie's organic piece made of emerald, silver with a wood base harkens back to the elemental: we know that for eons and eons, far below the earth, precious jewels have been developing their unique strata. The wooden stand with its indigenous ethnicity depiction is unusual & an important statement of life on this planet. Thirdly, I love Alexis Kostuk's foray into indigo enamels. Her necklace is luxurious and strikingly simple, even with so many components. I would wear this piece instantly! The whole exhibit covers every aspect of fancy. Well done! -Andrea

Are beautiful dinosaur bees the future? - Devon

I like Amanda Henderson's Mixed Gold, Silver, Copper Necklace. - Jeannine

Alexis Kostuk. Elegant, nice shades of blue, eye catching. - Bernard

Hybrid is a fantastic concept to combine different creative pieces and colours and create something unique. It's really interesting and fascinating to create in this way. - Marlene

Hybrids are a very relevant idea in our world today with the rapid spreading of ideas and information. I am always surprised and amazed by the unique creations I find. - Rania 

 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment