Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Splash of Colour

During the summer I spent a lot of time perfecting my spray painting technique on my Instinct series. I was lucky enough that at our old studio on Spadina we had this giant encased fume hood that was already messy so I didn't have to worry too much about getting spray paint everywhere. Here in the new studio, it's a different story. We ended up having to leave behind our large encased fume hood and trade it in for a smaller one that lays flat on the table. This is still perfect for other types of chemical finishing but doesn't give me room for the sweeping range of motion used in spray painting. So, what's a girl to do? Turn to the Pinterest Gods of course! I found two different solutions, one using a portable canvas wardrobe (too big!) and one using a cardboard box (bingo!). Now to test it out and try not to make a mess in the shiny new studio :)
-Lauren
Pinterest's suggestion - My solution

Instinct series with spray paint




No comments:

Post a Comment