Sunday, February 26, 2012

Superstitions

I have spent the last couple months mulling over the idea of superstitions and how to represent them in jewellery for Zilberschmucks annual jewellery competition and exhibition. When I really started to think about them I realized just how integrated they are in our daily lives and although we may rationally know they are not true we often take precautionary steps just in case our small actions can effect our future.

I thought about the superstitions I subscribe to and if could protect myself what would be the one I wish my actions could actually affect. This lead me to think about the heart and how to protect it from failure of both the literal and figurative kind. From here it seemed natural to design a piece of armor to protect the heart. Stay tuned for an image of my interpretation of heart protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment