Saturday, June 26, 2010

Giving Back to the Community

Hi Again,

This week I have been working on a special piece for a charity. The event is being organized by 18Karat in and will take place in November. I was inspired a couple weeks ago but did not have time to start my piece so instead I did many many many sketches! Finally I had some time last week to start it. The piece is about strength and courage. It will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to support a battered womens help line. I have to say I am going to miss this piece but I hope it will bring in some money for a very worthy cause. Here are some pics of the work in progress!                                                                         

The left side is marriage of metal with nickle on top and sterling silver on the bottom. The night side if mokume gane with 20 layers of sterling silver and nickle.














 At this point I am deciding on the stones for inside the pendant as well as the back of the necklace.











Now I am sewing on the pearl edging. The necklace is far from complete but that is my progress so far. Stay tuned for more details!



Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment